Asthma Project: The Work I’ve Completed This Week…Posted: October 14, 2014
During the last week I have undertaken the following work:
– Prepared a Gantt chart for time management.
– Created a Product Design Process to follow for my project.
– Written up an Outline Brief to establish a start point.
– Produced mood boards including one for existing inhalers and one for existing peak flow devices.
– Produced a User Persona board.
– Completed a fact video about asthma in the UK.
– Read numerous research papers.
– Watched BBC Horizon’s Allergies: Modern Life and Me
– Produced a survey and posted it to specific asthma pages on social networking websites. I have received 80 responses within three days and put this together as an informative info-graphic.
– Reverse engineered one variety of inhaler with a plan to reverse engineer another couple of varieties in the coming days.
– Analysed and summarised notes taken from discussions with a GP about asthma care and treatment.
– Considered some very basic idea conceptualisation, although further research is required before taking this stage any further.
The work I aim to complete in the coming days is:
– Continue primary research, produce a pro-forma for an ‘asthma diary’ to give to my target market, and establish some connections to maintain a diary for a week or two.
– Analyse the results from my survey to draw some conclusions on asthma treatment and living with the condition.
– Put together a presentation of my work to date in preparation for my first presentation next Monday.
– Undertake more reverse engineering to better understand how asthma is currently being treated.